Im Going To Be A Mummy Again

where it all began

Okay so that was a little white lie πŸ™‚ I’m not really!

But, 4 years ago today I discovered that I was going Β to be! Today is the anniversary of when I discovered I was expecting Bruiser!

It came as aΒ HUGE shock! We definitely was not planning another, far from it! I was on the pill and had an appointment to have the implant! But I’d always wanted another baby, I was longing for one if the truth be told. I’d recently discovered only 2 week before that I was going to be an Auntie again and while I was over the moon for my sister and brother-in-law, I was also insanely jealous… Unbeknown to me though, I was actually pregnant myself!

I believed myself to be 4 weeks pregnant and after calculating my due date had an EDD of 10th March.

The 12 week scan told a different story, I was 9week & 6days and my little Bruiser was tiny 3.5cm big! Our new EDD was the 26th March

1st Scan

Twelve weeks later it was time for the 2nd scan.Β I was getting quite big now too! I was already convinced that I was expecting another little boy because just like my first, he was all on the front!

20week bump

20week Bump

This is when I found out Bruiser was indeed another little boy!

2nd scan

Normally this is the last time you get to meet your little one until the birth.Β However, we had already planned to have another scan, a 4D scan. We had done the same with Wriggler and loved every minute of it so there was no question that we wouldn’t do it again!

This wasΒ also around the time that Bruiser ‘got his name’! I was feeling and looking full term at this point but I was only 27weeks. My midwife was telling me to expect a 9 to 10lb baby! Eeeek!

27 week bump

27week Bump

4D scan

Meet Bruiser at 27weeks

Im sure he's smiling in this one!

Im sure he’s smiling in this one!

(The likeness of Bruiser’s little face in this scan picture with this picture of Bruiser’s 1st proper smile at 6 weeks old is unmistakable)

1st proper smile

~

Finding out I was pregnant with Bruiser was an A M A Z I N G #magicmoment. One of the Ultimates!

25 thoughts on “Im Going To Be A Mummy Again

1. judithkingston says:

Aw lovely, what a magic moment! And he is definitely smiling in that scan picture, how amazing is that. Babies do some crazy things in the womb – our little girl did a luxurious, cat-like stretch at the 20 week scan. I’m sure some of them are writing novels and composing music in there.

2. Linda Ward says:

Phew Dawn – I thought you meant it! I remember on the scan, my youngest was sucking her thumb! She continued to do this until she was about four years old when tired.

• Mummy Wife Woman says:

Ha ha, sorry Linda πŸ™‚ Definitely no more for me, im more than happy with just the 2 πŸ™‚
      It makes you wonder with some of the little things that they do, if they started in the womb! Wriggler my eldest could be seen sucking on unbilical cord in his scans, he used to suck on his comforter when he slept. πŸ™‚

3. Jaime Oliver says:

awww Dawn what a lovely post to reminisce on such a special time! i agree that bruisers 4D scan looks identical to the 6 month old smile picture!

Thanks for linking up with #MagicMoments

4. sandinmytoestk says:

Wow, it’s wonderful to re-visit those days! Sadly, I don’t remember the exact day I found out, but since I became a mom, I haven’t had much time to think either!

5. Jane says:

I love this magic moment, and love that it was a surprise. I think you have a great memory for the exact date, I know I got a positive test after the August bank holiday but could never tell you a date. I remember because we booked Disneyland Paris for my 30th on the bank holiday, this meant I was 33 week pregnant when we went!

• Mummy Wife Woman says:

thank you. I remember the dates so well because I still have all the little bits of paper with dates etc on from my last period, when i started the pill etc. I keep everything! Both my babies were surprises, I think thats what makes them all the more special… they were meant to be! πŸ™‚ xx

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I read & respond to them all... eventually.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s